The kitchen is the heart of every home, which means that it needs to be functional and well-organized. The problem with galley kitchens is that they are often too small for all of the appliances, storage containers, dishes, and other items that need to be stored in them.
Here are some ideas on how you can make your galley kitchen bigger:
- Keep your galley kitchen clean and organized. The less clutter, the bigger the space will feel.
- Open up the space by removing unnecessary walls or cabinets that are blocking off open areas of your galley kitchen, this will help create a more open feel.
- No room for a walk-in pantry? Install a pantry cabinet to use vertical storage spaces for more room in your galley kitchen.
- Utilize every available inch of counter space in your galley kitchen.
- Add a breakfast bar to create a casual dining area.
- Install upper and lower cabinets to maximize storage space in the galley kitchen.
- To break up the look of wall-to-wall cabinets, consider creating an open shelving system for displaying dishes, glassware, cookbooks, etc.
- Purchase appliances that are energy-efficient and smaller in size for a galley kitchen.
- Use colorful accent pieces to brighten up the galley kitchen and make it feel bigger.
- Install recessed lighting and task lighting to brighten up the room.
- Add natural light by opening or clearing doors that lead outside.
- If space provides, build an island to add more counter space and storage.
If you need assistance sprucing up your galley kitchen, the Rossi Construction team is here to help! Count on our years of experience to help make the most of your kitchen space. We’ll make the process stress-free from start to finish so you can enjoy your galley kitchen for years to come. Contact our team to schedule your complimentary estimate.